>

9.08.2011

My sisters {Born to ride} Baby Shower

Brittany is my little sister. Two years ago, when she was pregnant with her daughter, my sister-in-law and my mom and I threw her a baby shower. Jill and I flew out to California just for her shower...her water broke the morning we flew out there.

Here it is two years later, and we decided to throw her shower a little earlier this time to avoid the whole water-breaking-having-a-baby-shower-in-the-hospital thing. Unfortunately baby boy didn't get the memo, and her water broke three days before the shower.


Everything worked out fine in the end, her son Mason was a preemie, born at 34 weeks and after two weeks in nicu came home healthy and happy. So before my mom flew back home, we put on the baby shower a little later than intended, and with a special baby guest in attendance.



Brittany's husband rides dirtbikes, so it was only natural that we had a motorcycle themed baby shower.



I had so much fun with this shower, and the fact that it was done right around the fourth of July made the color scheme pretty easy!


We had some super fun and yummy motorcycle chocolate molds. These were a hit and my kids especially loved them. One of the perks/downfalls of being the hostess, you get to keep all the left over sweets at home. My kids love that part, my waistline, not so much.


How perfect was this sign that I found at hobby lobby? We'd actually already decided on the colors when I found it, so it was just meant to be!


The little guys stats from when he was born, he was a pretty big boy for only 34 weeks!


No laughing at this next photo, alright?

These are my very sad attempt at chocolate covered oreos. In case you can't tell, they're supposed to be wheels. The did not in any way turn out like I had pictured them in my head, but they still tasted great!


The dessert table, with some photos of the man of the hour. Such a sweet little guy!


I made some bags to take home sweets in. You have to make them nice and big so people can load them up with lots of goodies.



Mason's banner, made in the shape of the Harley-Davidson sign.


And some more decor for the party.


When you have a motorcycle themed shower, you have to have root beer and pretzels, chocolate covered of course.

This photo actually shows the wrapped nuggets, but the pretzels were on the other side.


My sister-in-law came up with a fun game of guessing the motorcycle throughout the years, it was way harder than I thought it would be. But those are some pretty cool looking bikes!


I took the pictures too early, and thus, none of the new mom. But she was beaming and happy to finally be home and relaxing with her new baby boy. He's a doll, and we love having him here!

1 comment:

  1. Could you share where you found the logos for the cupcake toppers and the banner and the invite? Thanks Kristen

    ReplyDelete